Saturday, April 16, 2011

Angels Amoung US

One of my favorite songs is Angels Among Us by Alabama and goes as follows: I was walking home from school on a cold winter day
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Mama couldn't see him, oh but he was standing there
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers

Oh well I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love



When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand

A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand
And ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
That someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.

[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/alabama-lyrics/angels-among-us-lyrics.html]


When we get lost for whatever reason I know that we can say a prayer and that Heavenly Father will answer us by sending an angel. Most of the time we wont physically see them but we can feel in our heart that they were there. They were guiding us.


Angels are sent to us to comfort us and to guide us. I believe that they are assigned to us to help us. Heavenly Father knows who can help us the most and he personally think he chooses the ones that he knows that will benefit us the most. I know that in our darkest hour that they will be there to help us along our way. They, as it says, "show us how to live" & "guide us with the light of love." I really love that part. They guide us through the power of love.


My favorite part is the second verse. "When life held troubled times and had me down on my knees; theres always been someone to come along and comfort me." Life is full of troubled times. It happens to all of us. We have a death in the family, loose a job, our life just falls apart for whatever reason, etc. Thats when we we need to get on our knees and humbly pray for help. Don't get me wrong. We always need to pray. But thats when we need to pray for extra help. Thats when people come to help us. Thats how Heavenly Father helps us. He sends strangers, or family, or friends to help and comfort us.


It might be a kind word from a stranger, or just someone lending us a hand like from a neighbor or friend. It might even be a phone call from a friend who justs is there to listen to us. Just for the sake of having someone to talk to. "And ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road that someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope." What a powerful phrase. Sometimes we dont think we will make it and then we do see that light at the end of that dark road  with a ray of hope. They show us that we can make it to the end and they encourage us to make it to the end.


I personally think that Heavenly Father blesses us with angels from heaven, but that he also places people on the earth at our time to serve as angels. I have had personal experiences that I have seen to comfirm this thought. I have angels in my life right now and I honestly don't know where I would be with out them. I know that when we have troubled times that we can pray for help and that God will send us Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment